Here's how my process for helping you meet you achieve your goals works - it's a five step process.
- Free consultation
- The consultation will usually last for about an hour.
- It gives you the chance to meet me, with no obligation, to discuss your targets, and to see if what I can offer meets your needs.
- Then, if we both feel we can work together, the next step is to...
- Book a fitness assessment - two options available
- Recommended for clients who need a more detailed look at their current movement patterns.
- Assessment of blood pressure, baseline body measurements, nutrition, comprehensive movement assessment including photographs for future reference and suitable cardiovascular and/or strength tests dependent upon your goals. For some clients aiming for endurance events such as triathlon I may ask you to perform time trials and send me the results so I can calculate training heart rate zones.
- Recommended for clients who want a more general overview of their fitness or as a part of a team sports screen.
- Assessment of blood pressure, baseline body measurements, nutrition, fundamental movement patterns, functional mobility, lower/upper body power, agility, strength, speed and endurance.
- Book some sessions
- Either book a follow-up Personal Training session or attend a strength & conditioning group class after the assessment so I can demonstrate the exercises you should be doing.
- How many additional sessions you book is totally up to you and can be adapted to meet your needs. It's usually a good idea to have a Personal Training session monthly so exercise progressions can be demonstrated.
- Frequency depends on your needs, how much you feel you can exercise alone and what you can afford.
- I can prepare a series of sessions over 12 weeks for a group preparing for a specific goal. These can be themed for particular sports or events (e.g. pre-season cricket or endurance events).
- After your first session
- I offer an optional weekly programme update service where your programme will be modified in line with the sessions you have achieved to ensure you continue to progress. I will normally discuss the revised programme and your plan for the next week via either phone or skype.
- If you opted to take advantage of my ongoing nutrition advice, I will also assess your dietary habits and suggest improvements (should improvements be needed) and offer meal planning and menu advice to help maximise your desired training effects.
- Further sessions
- We will work together to ensure you train safely and effectively.
- We will vary techniques over the weeks and months to ensure you don't get bored.
- Every 4-6 weeks or so we will re-evaluate your fitness levels. This will give you a target date to aim for!
- Movement Assessment - £50
- Functional fitness assessment - £35
In both cases if high blood pressure is present or there is pain during the movement assessment I may need to refer you to a GP or physiotherapist. If that is the case the fitness assessment can either be refunded or used as a credit for the assessment to be completed (within three months) following approval to exercise from the medical professional.
At the end of the fitness assessment I will prepare a report including details of recommended exercises, and an initial fitness programme based on your goals.