I completed a course as a REPS accredited Level 3 Personal Trainer in parallel with my job as an IT Project Manager because I wanted a new career path that exploited my sporting background of over 25 years. I have now worked with individuals and teams with a variety of different starting points and goals over the last two years including;
- Children learning fundamental movement skills
- People aiming to lose weight and "get fitter"
- Indviduals aiming to complete ironman triathlons
- Sports clubs in pre-season training
Having balanced achieving my goals as an athlete with work and family commitments I am well aware of the challenges in fitting exercise around a busy life.
It's also true that not everyone wants to take up triathlon or complete a marathon - I will fit your exercise programme around your life and build in the activities that you enjoy as much as possible.
A summary of my qualifications is as follows;
- Member of Register of Exercise Professionals
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 Strength & Conditioning
- Level 3 GP Referral
- Level 3 Active Ageing
- Level 3 Ante & Post Natal
- Level 1 Nutrition
- Level 1 IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist
- Level 1 British Weight Lifting Coach
- Reebok Archon adjudicator
- Certification in Injury Management for Fitness Professionals
I'm originally from a running background and then moved into Triathlon and Duathlon following injuries. I have self-coached myself to Great Britain Age Group Representative level for Duathlon and competed in four European and two World Championships.